Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spotlight: Claimed by the Alpha Dolphins by Lyra Fawn

I want to give everyone a heads-up that on Friday I'm going to be making a big announcement. Stay tuned!! Until then, let's welcome Lyra Fawn!

Synopsis:
Two brawny surfers from a foreign realm hold a secret that only she will share...

Thrust into a web of intrigue, Mona finds herself at the center of a centuries old conflict between two rival pods of dolphin shifters known as the Dolphinae. Marked as a 'Descendant of Neptune', she first catches the eye of Lucan, a dark and handsome prince who admires her curves. But when his blond and regal companion, Dario, lays claim to her, the two suitors insist upon a duel of honor. However, a greater danger lurks beneath the sea, and Mona discovers she must reconcile the passion of the two alpha dolphins, or watch their entire race be destroyed.

'Bound to the Sea' is the introductory 18,000 word serial installment to the BBW paranormal romance, CLAIMED BY THE ALPHA DOLPHINS.

Explicit language and mature, uncensored love scenes are featured throughout. Periodic moments of romance, intimacy and lovemaking involve multiple partners actively participating in their human or supernatural forms. Discretion is advised as this novella is only for sophisticated readers over the age of 18."

Advance Praise: 
"Shining New Talent... I have to say kudos to the author for building such great scenes in the reader's head. I cant wait for the next installment." ~April R. Symes (Reviewer on Goodreads and Amazon)

Author Interview:
Can you describe your book in one sentence?
This book is an erotic, steamy adventure with two alpha dolphin shifters.

What makes your book so different from all the books out there?
Of course, the most obvious characteristics would be the dolphin shifters and the marine environment. The book is also definitely high adventure. The stakes are quite high for the characters.

For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?
For the entire series, I am focusing as much on world building as I am on the romance and erotica. I think readers are conditioned to expect more these days. I think of serials as a chance to create a mini-series with an epic plot very much like Shogun, Roots or Game of Thrones. And, of course, I love the freedom of writing in the erotica genre because it allows me to include as much sex as I like.

Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I have an outline for the entire series. Moreover, I also outline each book. It's essential if you want to have a cohesive plot. However, I don't outline the romantic moments or the sex scenes. I feel these have to be written from the heart.

What inspired you to become a writer?
I don't think I had a choice. Writing chooses you. Basically, I always have a story running around in my head. If I don't get those ideas out on paper, I start to feel a little crazy. Finally, I decided to publish a few of my stories to see if anyone else would enjoy them.

What is one book you wish you had written?
Gone with the Wind. Okay, it's not erotica, but the story has been imprinted on my brain since childhood: an epic, storyline with compelling, unforgettable characters.

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad - 
Everybody, myself included, prefers good reviews. And luckily, it appears that my Claimed by the Alpha Dolphins series has already found a few fans. I don't worry about the bad reviews. Everybody has a right to his or her own opinion. And some of the greatest books are extremely divisive.

How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for erotica?
I'm not much of a marketer, I'm afraid. I'm trying to connect with people who love the same things that I do. Perhaps that will pay off and maybe it won't. But I would prefer to spend my time communicating with fans and other people who love erotica.

Will you have a new book coming out soon? Can you tell us about it?
Sure. The next installment in the Claimed by the Alpha Dolphins series is due out any day now. I'm currently working on the final edits. It will be titled: Desired by the Deep.

You can find Claimed by the Alpha Dolphins at these locations:
Amazon   iTunes   Kobo  Goodreads

Connect with Lyra online:
Blog   Twitter   Facebook  G+

No comments:

Post a Comment